Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pinterest.awesome

I love pinterest. It's just plain wonderful. It even has good design techniques!
The contrast on this website is vast, I love that it has a simple clean look with it's white background. Because of the whiteness, each picture has emphasis rather than having a colorful or busy background, then everything would blend. The only color you will see that isn't in a picture is the red title, which also shows its importance. I love the simplicity of this website because of the lack of color and the contrast.
 Alignment is also used very well. The pictures are in 4 columns but not grid-like, since they each different sizes. This works very well because everything is organized but without creating strain on the eyes.
Proximity! Everything that's important on this site are close together. This REALLY helped when I was new to pinterest. Right under the big title is the tool bar that takes you to all the different categories. Because of placement, it was the first thing my eyes went to. How simple!
Use of repetition is great too. Of course, there are a million and 2 pictures on pinterest, each different. But the boxes around each picture, even the placement of things in them and the font used are all the same. I don't think it would be very pleasing to the eye if they were random colors or were formatted different with each one.

SO pretty much, Pinterest is awesome. Bombdotcom. It does a good job of being appealling to the eye as well as the mind, being easy to use, and just AWESOME.

2 comments:

  1. I 100% agree! Pintrest does do a great job of using white space and the layout is very organized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been on Pinterest before, but because of this standing ovation, I am headed right over there to let my eye be pleased :).

    ReplyDelete