Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Websiteeesss.

My biggest problem was organizing my paper in a logical way. I solved this by just getting all my information down on paper, then I split it up and pieced it back together in a way that makes sense. Then i made sure there were good transistions and everythign connected well.

Effective websites:

Byu.edu (very easy to get around, definitely accomplishes what its trying to)
Facebook.com (easy to use)
Amazon.com (inviting, helpful and easy)
Netflix.com (easy to use, cool features)
Pinterest.com (super hot, a wonderful idea for a website, just plain awesome)

Ineffective websites:

Villaroseapts.com (broken links, missing info)
Byui.edu (I know this sounds terible, I have nothing against BYUI! Haha but my sister complains all the time how difficult the website is, well, USED to be. I think it's new now and more like ours)

These ones I found through google because I couldn't think of any others that I've visited that are crappy:
Sportingnews.com (very cluttered, not very pleasing to the eye)
Civilwar.com (lightly colored font makes it hard to read)

3 comments:

  1. I agree on a lot of them. Facebook is really easy to navigate (though something about the new timeline thing bothers me. Reason unknown). Netflix is definitely easy. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree about BYUI's website. I was on it once, and my friend was logged into her account... and for the life of me, I could not find a log out button. It's just a dumb website. As a matter of fact, I think she's still logged in... haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm really glad that you included Pintrest on your effective websites list haha. Also, I agree with you that the BYU.edu website is super easy to use and also has a good layout.

    ReplyDelete